Is your organization interested in plugging into the NotOnMyWatch platform? Use the form below to sign up your Group. Please review our five criteria for becoming an approved Group. We’ll get back to you shortly!
How are Groups approved? NotOnMyWatch uses the following five criteria to approve new Groups seeking to join the platform:
MISSION: Your organization is dedicated to advancing social, economic, or environmental justice, and/or helping to promote fair and corruption-free politics
VALUES: The work of your organization reflects the American values of equality, inclusivity, freedom, and justice for all.
IMPACT: Your organization seeks to make an impact at a local, regional, or national scale.
INTEGRITY: Your organization has a track record of responsible use of resources and transparent operations.
TEAM: Your organization has at least 2 active members who are working together to advance your mission and support your impact.
Need help signing up? View the How To Sign Up Your Group
Juliet Prater published Looking for NOMW Ambassadors to get state groups and their events on our site. in Speak Out 2016-11-22 10:19:12 -0800
Juliet Prater published What Does Not On My Watch do for you organization in Blog 2016-11-21 21:27:54 -0800
Not On My Watch. We provide a web platform to help you start an organization, get the word out about your events, and ultimately empower every group to bring about the changes in the world they believe in. You have an idea. You have a spark. We’ll help you ignite into action.
You need members. Members volunteer at events, members help spread the word, members help you grow your message, members rally to support your cause, and members help you get funding to keep your flame healthy. You can’t bring about change alone. Step 1: Make sure there are other like minded people and that you share a mission with those first members. Create a site and write it down.
Do you need to start a non-profit or can you just stay a loose collection of people that share a vision? What are some of the ways you can recruit new members? What happens when your message starts to get diluted? How can you raise funds? What kind of events do you want to have? How can you get the word out about an event? What kind of cadence will meetings and events have? You have an idea. We help put things into context so you can figure out what it means to start something, grow something, and sometimes share your success with the world! Step 2: Make sure that you and your members share the same values and vision for how to accomplish your mission. Document it into a cohesive yet succinct page.
Start a group, add a meet up in the the calendar. Get together, talk about what you want to accomplish, and inspire. Plan a rally, a call blitz, a letter writing campaign, a sit-in, or one of the nearly infinite possible ways you can bring your change about. Step 3: Do. Create events in the calendar. Tag the events so like-minded people can see what you’re doing and read what you’re about, and maybe join you in accomplishing your mission if there’s a shared belief.
Did your first event work? What was great? What wasn’t? Did you have an impact? Did enough people show up? Was it at the right place? Was there an appropriate level of media involvement? It’s time to communicate with your members, share in your successes, and call on them to stay engaged. Write a post on your page and tell the world how your event went. And if appropriate, spread the word to the media. Step 4: Iterate. Communicate and then in order to keep your flame burning strong, immediately start planning your next event.
And just like that, you’re setting the world on fire. We want to change the world as well. Our contribution is to help you. Because there are too many causes for us to be involved in all of them. But we can make you successful. That’s what happens on our watch.
Juliet Prater posted What Does Not On My Watch do for you organization to Blog 2016-11-21 21:27:53 -0800
First Press Conference of President-Elect Donald Trump: what are your thoughts?See all posts or Add your voice
Posted by NotOnMyWatch Solutions · January 11, 2017 11:23 AM · 1 reaction
ACT NOW | HOT LIST!
1. Actions This Week: CALL CONGRESS DAILY - CLICK HERE FOR MORE!
They may have won the battle, but the war is far from over. These House members voted yes on Trumpcare.Call, tweet, and find a town hall near you to hold them accountable.
The Center for American Progress has created a new Trumpcare toolkit that has all the tools you need to contact the Representatives: updated whip list, phone numbers, sample social media, and key statistics.
Keep up the pressure
A Summary of This Week’s Indivisible Actions:
- Help us communicate with you and other leaders by sending group leaders you know this link to get on our special email list just for group leaders.
- RSVP here for the DACA Day of Action August 15th! We’re working with our partners at United We Dream to fight the Trump administration action against children and immigrants. Part of being a good partner is showing up. Turn out to one of their events here.
- Tune into a special Facebook Live on Monday at 8:30PM ET.We’ll welcome a special guests from United We Dream to talk with Indivisible policy staff about DACA and other immigration priorities for recess, including how you can take action now. You can tune in here.
- Rally to protect the Special Counsel investigation. We’re partnering with other progressive groups to take to the streets in the event that Trump fires Mueller. Sign up to host or attend an event here.
- Turn up the August heat on Congress. We have everything you need keep talking to your MoCs about TrumpCare, Tax Reform, Immigration, the Budget, the Environment, and Russia. Check out the full toolkit here at our August recess site! And don’t forget to register your events so we can spread the word.
- Ask questions confidently at town halls. Check out our new short video to create your own mic-drop moment at your MoC’s town hall.
2. Make Congress Listen:
DO: Download or Read Online the INDIVISIBLE: A practical guide for resisting the Trump Agenda. Former congressional staffers reveal best practices for making Congress listen. Take a look here!
3. Spread the word about our site!
Help us spread the word about NotOnMyWatch.Solutions
Find a group or event or ADD a group or event. Support rapid response activism by telling others whats happening and where so we can get larger turn outs to protests. We are ready to power the movement and we need your help.
Learn what you can do to help make this site a major resource for others like yourself. Let's work together!
Spread the Word . Join Our Team . Use your Voice
About Juliet Prater
changing the world one site at a time
What Juliet Prater needs